Thank you for being a part of this (sex and sexuality) series. Watch out for the announcement on Wednesday for the new series that will be starting next week Monday.
Harvests of Ungodly Sexuality
Gen.8:22—Whatever one sows, he’ll reap in multiple streams. Therefore, sowing into sex outside marriage attracts harvest of inestimable consequences. Hosea 8:7 (KJV) “For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind”
Gal. 5:19-21 (NLT) “When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, your lives will produce these evil results: sexual immorality, impure thoughts, eagerness for lustful pleasure, idolatry, participation in demonic activities, hostility, quarrelling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, divisions, the feeling that everyone is wrong except those in your own little group, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other kinds of sin. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God”.
Sexual immorality is TRI-DIMENSIONAL SIN. 1 Cor. 6:18-19 (Amp) “Shun immorality and all sexual looseness [flee from impurity in thought, word, or deed]. Any other sin which a man commits is one outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body. 19 Do you not know that your body is the temple (the very sanctuary) of the Holy Spirit Who lives within you”.
It is destructive – body, soul and spirit, thus, the consequences are far reaching, some of which are:
- Bodily Harvest – 6:7, John 8:24 – Its seeds yield:- unwanted pregnancy(ies), Unplanned baby(ies), Sexually transmitted diseases (std), Spiritually induced bodily diseases, Isolation, Still counting…
- Soulish Harvest – deadened conscience, Educational setbacks, Emotional injuries /fragmentations, guilt, regrets and condemnations, Loss of respect / trust, Frigidity, Maniac, still multiplying…
- Spiritual Harvest – (not God’s anger):- soul-tie / transference of spirit (3:14) By having sex, the spirits within both of sexes mingle and dominion from the man is transferred to the woman, and submission given to the man. He becomes her head ‘theoretically’, married or not. 1cor. 6:16 (msg.) “there’s more to sex than mere skin on skin. Sex is as much spiritual mystery as physical fact. As written in scripture, “the two become one”. Broken / patched heart, strained / lost relationship with God, brethren and anointing (Samson is an example), Open to demonic influences etc.
- 1 Cor. 7:2-6 (Msg.) “Sexual drives are strong, but marriage is strong enough to contain them and provide for a balanced and fulfilling sexual life in a world of sexual disorder”
- Hebrews 13:4 (Msg.) “Honor marriage, and guard the sacredness of sexual intimacy between wife and husband. God draws a firm line against casual and illicit sex”.
- Ephesians 5:3-8, 11-14 (NLT) “Let there be no sexual immorality, impurity, or greed among you. Such sins have no place among God’s people. 4 Obscene stories, foolish talk, and coarse jokes—these are not for you. Instead, let there be thankfulness to God. 5 You can be sure that no immoral, impure, or greedy person will inherit the Kingdom of Christ and of God..6 Don’t be fooled by those who try to excuse these sins, for the anger of God will fall on all who disobey him. 7 Don’t participate in the things these people do. 8 For once you were full of darkness, but now you have light from the Lord. So live as people of light! Take no part in the worthless deeds of evil and darkness; instead, rebuke and expose them. It is shameful even to talk about the things that ungodly people do in secret. But when the light shines on them, it becomes clear how evil these things are. This is why it is said, “Awake, O sleeper, rise up from the dead, and Christ will give you light.”
- Eph 5:22-25 (Msg.) “Wives, understand and support your husbands in ways that show your support for Christ. 23) The husband provides leadership to his wife the way Christ does to his church, not by domineering but by cherishing. 24)So just as the church submits to Christ as he exercises such leadership, wives should likewise submit to their husbands. 25) Husbands, go all out in your love for your wives, exactly as Christ did for the church — a love marked by giving, not getting”
The Mind Is The Battle-Field, Fight To Win. Prov. 4:23, 2 Cor.10:4-5