- A man worship the REAL God, treats His creatures with respect.
- A man understands that greater happiness lies in helping others, not being self-centred.
- A man doesn’t resort to laziness (especially ‘MENTAL LAZINESS’), he is continually advancing, progressive and future-minded.
- A man is a leader in at least one aspect of his life, whether this means his family, with his friends or just in general. But he can also follow. The world wouldn’t work if everyone was trying to lead in every aspect of life.
- A man is dependable, but not a boy.
- “You cannot make a man; you can only help him discover it in himself.
- A man needs to be willing to do whatever it takes to keep his family safe, united and purposeful.
- A man lives for purpose beyond his own personal gains. This can come with time, and with family. It doesn’t always happen right away.
- A man gets depressed, he gets sad, he thinks about quitting and folding, but he never does. He pushes through adversity. – “Many of the greatest accomplishments of the world were accomplished by tired and discouraged men who kept on working.”
- A man has faults. It’s important to understand this. – “When a man points a finger at someone else, he should remember that four of his fingers are pointing at himself.” ~ Louis Nizer
- A man is honest enough to laugh at himself.
- A man takes pride in how he looks and lives his life. He’s not ashamed by who he is, what he does or how he looks, even as he endeavours to improve any of the aforementioned.
- Men learn what is truly important over time. If they’re in Christ, this becomes realisable and achievable.
- While believing for the best of others, a man is realistic and objective in allowing it work out “How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being?.” ~ Oscar Wilde
If a man finds someone special, he doesn’t treat her like she’s everyone else. Gen. 2:22-23
- A man gets afraid, but not fearful (ruled by it). 2Tim. 1:7
- A man chooses to learn from his mistakes, rather than regret and / or refuse to take responsibility. Although he might take a few cracks at it.
- A man does what is necessary, even if it’s the hardest or most unpopular one.
- A man appreciates laudable greatness and accomplishments. .
- A man humbly acknowledges he’s inspired by God, and motivated by others and nature.
- “For a man to achieve all that is expected of him, he must regard himself as God does. Rom. 12:3
- Most men are proud, often to their detriment. He doesn’t “change” but rather transforms. Ladies, don’t try to change your man, but help him transform into the man God’s meant him to be.
- Self-made man is no man.
- Real men introspect first. They are thoughtful.
24. Boys complain and quickly lose temper, but men take action.